Wondering if plastic bag making business is a good idea? Yes, it is! Plastic bags are used every single day, especially by retailers and vendors to sell various goods. A single shop would use thousands of plastic bags in just one month! This makes it a great business to venture into.
Exploring Market Potentiality
Regardless of the size of the business, almost every seller requires plastic bags to sell their products to their customers. This means that the market potentiality of making plastic bags is high since the demand is huge on a daily basis. It won’t be an exaggeration to say that millions of plastic bags are used on a daily basis in any given city. This offers a huge market to the plastic bag making business.
Processes Involved in Making Plastic Bags
An extruder machine heats the polyethylene plastic at a temperature of 500°F, which causes the pellets to melt. The melted pellets are then put into the machine and die to determine the thickness of the bag.
After extruding, the plastic bags are cut in the desired sizes, and handles are made. The printing stage follows this, where the plastic bags are put into the printing machines and are given the required textures.
- Bag Making
In this step, the plain rolls or the printed ones are put into the plastic bag making machine. You can choose from the numerous options available like holes, handle punching, slits, zip locking, vents, etc. Select the desired function and proceed to complete the step.
Finally, the manufactured plastic bags are packed into boxes and dispatched. You can produce thousands of plastic bags in just a few minutes.
How to start the plastic bag manufacturing business
- Pick a niche: Plastic bags are used for different purposes and there are different types available in the market. Decide which kind of plastic bag you want to produce, — for example simple carrying bags or printed bags.
- Research: Do thorough research before you start the business. Learn about the different kinds of plastic bags you can manufacture and determine which one has the maximum demand and profitability. Check out your competitors and understand how they are operating their businesses. Lastly, find out details about the capital you would require to start the business which includes purchasing the required machinery and raw materials.
- Business Plan: Design a well-researched business plan. It must contain all the important details of the business like production details, type of business, operations involved and steps you would take to make the business successful. Tailor the business plan to your personal and professional goals. One major benefit of having a well-crafted business plan is that it helps you get financial assistance from the banks or investors.
- Arrange the Capital: There are several ways to arrange the capital required for setting up the business. Some areas where you would require a large amount of money include renting or leasing the space, raw materials, equipment purchase, labor costs, etc. Figure out how much capital you would need to start the plastic bags business and accordingly approach the banks or investors with your business plan to procure the amount.
- Registration: Registration of the business is a critical step. Since plastic is involved in the manufacturing process, you would be required to follow numerous guidelines along with restrictions. Find out all the details about the registration process before you set up the business.
Though they offer high convenience, plastic bags pose a threat to the environment and human health alike. But, this doesn’t mean you must not venture into this profitable and potential business opportunity. You just need to ensure that you follow all the regulations required in the plastic making business and understand how to make plastic without affecting the environment.