The roofing industry is a competitive space. This means to succeed, you need to differentiate your business with quality and a brand.
That’s why it’s essential to streamline your roof measurement process and optimize the proposals you’ll be sending to prospective clients. You may lose some good business if you come off as a run-of-the-mill roofing business.
Imagine getting accurate roof measurements within hours. That’s sure to shout “different” to your leads. Then you can follow up those reports with stunning proposals that capture signatures easily. That’s a winner for any roofer.
Luckily, there’s software that covers all that for you. And yes, we mean Roofr! Roofer is a complete sales toolbox for roofing contractors, providing accurate roof measurements and stunning proposals to optimize the roofing sales process.
In this article, you’ll learn how Roofr streamlines the roof measurement process and how you can create signature-worthy proposals from the software. Let’s get to it then.
Roofer for Accurate Roof Measurements
Here’s how you can generate accurate roof measurement reports from Roofr for your roofing project:
- Open Roofr’s official website.
- Locate the “Sign up” button on the welcome page and click on it.
- Next, enter the required details. Note that you can select the optional checkbox to enable Roofer to call or send text messages to you.
- After filling in all the details, hit the blue “Register” button.
- Then choose the “Login” button next to the “Sign up” button. Submit your email and Roofr’s password. If the credentials are correct, Roofr’s dashboard will pop up on your screen.
- If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it easily. To do this, hit “Forgot Password,” and a reset email from Roofer will be sent to your inbox in a few.
- On the dashboard’s left-hand-side navigation, tap “Measurements.”
- Choose either Roofr Reports or DIY reports. The Roofer reports cost $15, while the DIY report is free. The steps below are for the Roofr Report option.
- Hit “Roofr Reports” and locate “Order a Roofer Report.”
- Fill in the field requesting the building’s address and tap “Continue.”
- A satellite image will show up. Tap your building’s exact location on the map on the next screen.
- Fill in if there are any secondary structures you need to add to your measurement report. The available choices are “All,” “Some,” or “None.”
- A screen showing the measurement report, material calculations, and the report’s delivery time appears.
- Hit “Order report,” and the report will be available for you based on the plan you’re using. The free plan has a 24-hour delivery time, while Pro has 6 hours and Premium has 3 hours.
Creating Stunning Proposals with Roofer
The fact is that you need proposals to be able to win jobs. After all, you can’t begin work officially without that signature.
With Roof, you gain access to many professionally-designed themes to help you stand out from your competition. This means you save time working on your project since you spend less time creating a professional proposal.
The roof also allows clients to approve projects directly from your proposals with the e-signature feature. This way, you can win clients with a few clicks.
Additionally, you can personalize the proposal with notes and messages to connect with your clients. Finally, you can use a whole product library to fasten your proposal creation process.
To Get your Signature-Worthy Roofr Proposal:
- Visit the Roofr website.
- Tap the log-in button and fill in the textbox requesting your email and Roofr password. If you’re a new user, first hit “Sign up” and open an account before you log in.
- Hit the “Proposal” button that appears on the left-hand-side navigation.
- A button bearing the name “Create Proposal” appears. However, if you’ve used this tool previously, hit “New Proposal.”
- Hit “Create without a template.”
- Provide the address of the job together with the proposal name, then tap “Save Details.”
- Hit “Add Item” to begin adding line items. You can either use your previous item in the catalog or add a new one by clicking “Add new item.”
- If the selected item is new, provide the unit cost per item.
- Enter the item’s total quantity required to finish the task.
- Choose the item’s waste percentage.
- Enter your preferred tax percentage, which refers to the cash you want to charge your customers.
- If you have multiple items, repeat the process until you’ve completed all the items.
- After adding all the items, select the margin. The margin is the amount that you’ll earn for the project.
- Your proposal is ready—click “Review and Send.”
Generating Proposals from Roof Measurement Reports
You can generate proposals from your roof measurement reports directly in Roofer. Luckily, the process is automated, with the platform calculating quantities and costs for each line.
This means less time creating proposals, more accurate calculations, and ease in modifying your list with a simple click.
Here’s How to Generate a Proposal Directly from your Roof Measurement Report:
- Login to Roofer.
- Hit “Create proposal.”
- Choose your preferred template for the task.
- Select a measurement report that suits the project.
- Import the report’s data by hitting “Use this measurement.”
- Review the data generated in the unit cost field, quantity, and tax. Moreover, include a waste factor for the items.
- Choose a margin between 0 to 100%. Note that this is the money you will earn.
- A toggle button, “Show pricing on proposals,” appears depending on the template. If you don’t need to include this information, turn off the switch. Otherwise, turn it on.
- The proposal is created. Hit “Review and send.”
Accurate measurements play a critical role in determining the success of a roofing business. Additionally, well-crafted proposals attract prospective clients who end up becoming your customers.
Fortunately, you can generate accurate roof measurements and stunning proposals all by using a platform like Roofer. What’s more, it’s easy to use, has affordable pricing, and gives you access to many unique features that help you stand out from your competition.
If you’re looking to win more clients and increase your conversion rates, you can’t look past Roof.